dissabte, 19 de novembre del 2016

TEENS REACT TO ENCYCLOPEDIAS

Fine Brothers Entertainment is a YouTube channel with more tan fourteen milions of subscribers. It is well-known because of the contingut that makes. About a week ago, I say one video of them which, basically, it shows some teenagers' reaction to encyclopedias.



As you can see in the video, The Fine Bros (the owners of the YouTube cannel) gave an amount of books and they made them guess what type of books were. Some of them didn't know what they were, but there were some who knew exactly its uses. Most of them didn't use them nowadays, even though they said that when they were in school, they had to use them.

Right after, The Fine Bros made the teens to find a word. At the begining, they had a little bit of dificulties but then they quickly realised that the enciclopedia is organised in alphabetical order.
In the end, the teens were interviewed to know a little more about the encyclopedias.

The enciclopedias are dieing, but not now. Since the appreance of Internet and new technology, people started to have minimum a computer with internet. Little by Little, we started to forget about the dicctionaries and the encyclopedias in books and we replaced them with the diccionaries online or with other information sites.  

I don't think it is our fault. In my opinion I think that having access to information about anything from internet has more advantatges than encyclopedias. As they said in the video, encyclopedias are created in a determinate time. Anything that happends after it creation, doesn't apear in it. They made a clear example with 'youtube'. It didn't appear in the encyclopedia because it was created after the book was published. However, in the internet you can find any kind of information upgraded.

But the internet also has disadvantatges. All the information that you find there can be true or fals. Considering that in the internet everyone can publish things, you never know if what you are reading is the truth or it is a lie. However, the information in the enciclopedia it is always true.

On the other hand, the encyclopedias are very expensive back then and nowadays. In my case, I wouldn't like to spend money on encyclopedias that year by year, for example, have to upgrade information. If it is like that, you would have to buy encyclopedias every year.
I still rememeber when we used to use encyclopedias in class when I was little. I remember that I spend a lot of time trying to find the words that I needed. Even though I really liked to find words in the diccionary or encyclopedia. Currently, I have quite a lot of diccionaries at home in different languages, but I don't use them. There are some which are even news and still wrapped up with the plastic of the shop.
Even if the books, in general, are so expensive, I prefer books before the online stuff, especially to read and to study.

Cap comentari:

Publica un comentari a l'entrada