diumenge, 20 de novembre del 2016

'ENSAYO SOBRE LA MIOPÍA' BY LEONARDO LAYANA

In this post, I will talk about Leonardo Layana's artwork. I know him about two years ago, when I saw some of his photographs on instagram. I found his artwork very interesting and curios, so that is why I wanted it to share it with you.

Leonardo Layana is an Argentinian profesional photographer who got famous for one of his works named 'Ensayo sobre la miopía'. This artwork recreats the vision of a short-sighted person. The objective of this work of art is to show to people how short-sighted people can see with clearly only with glasses.

I don't know nothing about photography. The only thing that I like about the world of photography is to see how a person with just a camera can capture things. I am impressed how Leonardo uses the photography to show what is the short-sightedness. I think that his photographs are very original and gains  a lot the public.

Don't you ever asked yourself how it feels being deaf, mute, blind... or in that case short-sighted? I think that we will never know (except for those who unfortunatly are). I am not short-sighted, but one of my siblings is. One day, we were watching a football match and he was not wearing the glasses. When he put the glasses he said: 'now I see more clearly everything'. Then, I asked him how he was seeing the match without the glasses. He answered me: 'I don't see the football players, the public or the lines of the field. I don't even see the scoreboard'. I was very shocked seeing how he could not see the tv correclty when the distance between him and the tv was not big.

Finally, from my point of view, I think that this is a good work of art. It is funny how Leonardo Layana uses the glasses in every photograph, separating the blurred view from the clear one. According to my sibling, the view of a short-sighted is like what a normal person sees in a video when the camera is not focused, just like in the photographs from 'Ensayo sobre la miopía' on the right.

Cap comentari:

Publica un comentari a l'entrada