dilluns, 15 de maig del 2017

WHAT NOT TO DO WHEN YOU RUN OUT OF IDEAS

In this post, I will talk about a thing that has bothered me since some time ago. About a year or so, I noticed that some of my posts have been copied. I am not talking about the idea or the theme of the posts, I mean that some of my writings have been copied by someone else literally; word by word.

At first, I didn’t focus on that too much. I didn’t give it importance, until one friend told me that I should tell my teacher or someone. I thought: “What a stupid thing to do, go and complain to the teacher. We look like children”. I don’t like to make people feel uncomfortable and telling them about it would be a bit awkward. This mind-thinking, however, changed recently, when I saw that nothing's gonna change if I don’t do anything. Then, I had a brilliant idea. I decided to make a “your-say” where I would talk about it and see if it would make any difference, and here I am.

On one hand, when it comes to the idea of working on a blog in English, it is quite hard. I think it is difficult to make yourself start to write the posts, mainly because of the limited time. On the other hand, it is a laborious task to think about the topic you could write about. In my case, every time I have any idea, I write it down. Then, when I think it’s time to start to write some posts, I really go for it. I must say that I end up enjoying it. I also like to make it perfect (even though it is impossible). I always think that considering that I will have to start someday to do the posts anyway, why doing it wrong? Let’s do it right and feel proud of it at the end. That’s the reason why it feels horrible when, after  putting so much effort into something, someone else takes it without even asking, without sacrifying their time. It is not about egoism, it’s about the work I put into it.

Finally, I would like to say that there is always a positive part in everything. In this case, I have to thank them. I get to write this post without even have to think about an idea or a topic.
I really hope this will never happen again.

4 comentaris:

  1. here's some piece of advice, lady. Find y'self a friendly hacker and own these people. seroiusly. Thanks for your work, by the way.

    ResponElimina
    Respostes
    1. Hahahahhaha maybe I should, but since I made this post it didn’t happen again. Thank you

      Elimina
  2. just one question: How did you realize you were being copied?
    I've tried to find it out but I couldn't. Any idea? Because this is NOT supposed to happen.

    ResponElimina
    Respostes
    1. The first time I realised it was last year and it was a girl who copied a post about sequels, from last year, too. But this year was a different girl from the other class who has copied and pasted two of my posts: one was about a film called What if (which I wrote it last year) and the other one was about the Oscars. She changed the titles of these two, maybe this is why you can’t find them, but her blog page is in the 1batxillerat blog.

      Elimina