dimarts, 9 de maig del 2017

PARENTS' MOBILE USE HARMS FAMILY LIFE, SAY SECONDARY PUPILS

This news article was published on 23rd of April by the bbc newspaper. It talks about the overuse of mobile phones and other devices by parents.
Dad checking phone ignores daughterAccording to some studies made by the Digital Awareness UK and the Headmasters’ and Headmistresses’ Conference, secondary pupils reported that the use of mobile phones by their parents stopped their families enjoying each other’s company, leaving behind the fact that most of them use it in meal times.
Most of the children said that after asking their parents to put down their phones they didn’t took no notice, which that led them to feel ignored and upset.
However, children are also very addicted to different kind of devices, being online between three and five hours a day at weekends or even 15 hours a day. This causes tiredness and a lack of sleep but most of the parents aren’t aware of that.
When I read this news, I immediately thought of my parents. They often stay starring at their phones in meal times. They use their mobile phones even more than me. I don’t really like it. I really like when it’s meal time because it’s the time of the day where I sat with my family and when we talk a lot. With the homework and studies, I barely have time to even spend time with them. That’s why I really take advantage of that time.
I think that these devices will always be a discussion. On one hand, I think that it consumes you little by little, pulling apart the real life and people, but, on the other hand, I think that these technologies can be a beneficial use for everything.
VOCABULARY:
Lack of: falta de
Poll: votació, enquesta.


Cap comentari:

Publica un comentari a l'entrada