dijous, 2 de juny del 2016

LOVE SONG

"If you ever want to be in love" by James Bay

Saw you today after so much time
Felt just like it used to be
Talking for hours 'bout a different life
Surrounded us in memories
We were close never close enough
Where are we now
Cause if it's torn we can stitch it up
Don't rule it out
Oh no no

I'll come around
If you ever want to be in love
I'm not waiting but I'm willing if you call me up
If you ever want to be in love
I'll come around

Wanted to ask if we could have been

But my tongue wouldn't break the seal
You always had something effortless
At school you were the biggest deal
Little quirks close and open up
Time is slipping by
Always thinking 'bout the two of us
Replay on my mind
Always playing on my mind



This song is sung by James Bay. He is a British singer, songwriter and guitarist who is well-known for his last album, Chaos and the Calm. In this song, James talks about his feelings for a girl who apperantly does not feel the same, or, about a girl who is too good for him (that is why in the song he says: "at school you were the biggest deal"). Much of the story is expressed in understatement, as in ‘don’t rule it out’ and ‘I’m not waiting, but I’m willing …’ as if he still can’t bring himself to declare his love clearly and fully. 

I really like this artist. All of his songs are amazing and good. He has done other love songs such as Need the sun to break, and break up songs, like the song Let it go. 

Cap comentari:

Publica un comentari a l'entrada