dimecres, 1 de març del 2017

DO WE WATCH TV ANYMORE?

When I was little, I was always watching TV. As soon as I got home from school or my after-school activities, I would watch my favourites cartoons. Watching TV was just like my way to spend time. But at the same time I was growing, the amount of homework was increasing and with that my free time was reducing, until now, that I do not even turn on the TV.
Resultado de imagen de dont watch tvIt was not long ago when I realised that I do not watch TV anymore. I think it was at third of ESO, when school homework started to increase. But the causes of it are not only because of school work, there are some facts which changed my way of “living”.
First, I would like to say that the television industry was created to entertain. But little by little, the idea of entertaining has hanged. I do not know if it is because I have grown up and nothing in the TV looks entertaining or it’s just my point of view. In the second place, I think that the main cause would be the shortage free time I have (putting to one side school).
In my opinion, I am glad of not watching that much TV. But, however, I spend a lot of time surfing on the internet. This has brought me positive things like negatives ones.
On one hand, Internet provides me with the ability of select the series and shows to watch whenever I want. The biggest inconvenient of TV is that people have to make time to watch it, meanwhile with the Internet services, people can watch what they want without having to make time. But, with the new companies, like Netflix, this concept has changed, of course. On the other hand, lately, the most of TV shows and series doesn’t attract me that much. Youtubers have also influenced a lot people. It is more easy to watch them everywhere and any time. It is more pleasant, even though I start to think that YouTube is becoming more like a big TV company. When it becomes to the news, I haven’t watch them for a long time. The fact that we can access to social media apps from the mobile phone makes easy to check quickly the news (meanly the most recent) and helps you to keep updated of what is happening around the world.
As a conclusion, I have to say that it is not bad to watch TV when you know how to. When I say that I haven’t watch it for a long time I don’t mean that I never do, but first I check its programming from the mobile phone. For example, about a week ago, I watched the film The imitation game in the TV after checking what films they would transmit. As for the utility of Internet as an alternative of the television is, technically, not a big difference, but for my actual situation it makes a big difference to my time.

Cap comentari:

Publica un comentari a l'entrada